I managed to find a few spare minutes so I installed Corel Draw X5 to check it out. It actually turned into quite an ordeal just to get it installed. As soon as it hit 9% it would throw an Error 1935 and setup would crash. After multiple failed attempts and using two different download files I found some articles that said it was caused by anti-virus. I tried turning off AVG Internet Security, but it didn’t make a difference, I still got the same error. I was starting to get testy since my 15 minute install had now taken over an hour with no results at all. Out of frustration I uninstalled AVG and Corel Draw installed fine with errors.
It seems there really is some compatibility issue between Corel Draw X5 and AVG. I have the anti-virus software back on there but this install was a complete pain. I’m not sure who’s to blame here, but nothing worked until AVG was removed.
Anyway, if you run into Error 1935 it could be a problem with your AV software. Since I spent so much time on the install checking out Corel Draw will have to wait until another day.
Other Articles of Interest:
- Error 1935 with Corel Paintshop Photo Pro
- Black Friday Deal – Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate – $30
- Huge savings on Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro, Office and more!
- Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 – $29.98
- DxO Optics Pro and Pace Anti Piracy
- Corel Paint it! Show for the iPad
- Editor’s Choice 2007: Imaging Software
- Free copy of Paint Shop Pro X
- Corel Paintshop Pro X3 for $29.99
- Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 for $9.99